Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you provide information in connection with a promotion, eBook, webinar, or newsletter,apply for a job, subscribe to our services, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, organization, title,email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as visits to our website.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Devices Used to Access the Services: We collect information about the computer, mobile, or other devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons.Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular,and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see“Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may use such third-party information to find suitable candidates, to confirm contact information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
Use of Information
- We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services. We may also use the information we collect to: Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Ossia and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent inappropriate use and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Ossia and others;
- Verify that you meet eligibility criteria for certain services and information;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With partners with whom we jointly develop or promote products;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of IFSEL or others;
- Between and among IFSEL and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the info we collected about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. Transformation to the U.S. and Other Countries IFSELis based in the United States, and we process and store information in the U.S.Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you wish to delete your information stored with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will honor that request to the extent required by law. But note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from IFSEL by following the instructions in those messages.
Rights Specific to the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., for and providing the IFSEL services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see:
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.Most big websites do this too.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
—if you have already replied to a pop-up
—Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.